Old news...

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
fulingyu
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Old news...

Post by fulingyu »

this is what ESPN said about us right after we won the Rainbow Classsic (we were the team of the week)...

---------

Week 6: Dec. 20-Dec. 26
Hawaii: The Warriors won the Rainbow Classic with a relatively close win over Long Beach State, a one-point win over Oral Roberts and a four-point win over USC in the title game. Now, none of these teams are ranked in the Top 25, but ORU is probably an NCAA team and USC has a shot. Regardless, the Warriors are a legit 8-0 with a road win at struggling Saint Louis. Hawaii is on a roll heading into the WAC, with road games later this week at Fresno State and Nevada -- the latter on ESPN2 on New Year's Day (Hawaii's only national televised game this season). Hawaii was considered a top-three WAC team in the preseason but has emerged as the league favorite. Coach Riley Wallace took a two-day practice break to have an angioplasty and didn't miss a single game in the Rainbow Classic. His toughness is exhibited through his team's methodical offense and rigid 'D' that makes this squad a potential NCAA team.

-------

guess we really were overachieving, eh? there's still the wac tourney, and things do look up for next year (will miss Sottos tho, too bad he doesn't have just one more year.)

-Fu

ktownwarrior
All-conference
All-conference

Post by ktownwarrior »

Yeah, imagine where this team would be without Blackett, Peciukas and Sottos? Well, that's a reality we gotta face next season.

Hey, this one's not over yet, though. Magical things can happen this time of year, just ask the 1983 N.C. State team.

Sportsbow
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Sportsbow »

ktownwarrior wrote:Yeah, imagine where this team would be without Blackett, Peciukas and Sottos? Well, that's a reality we gotta face next season.

Hey, this one's not over yet, though. Magical things can happen this time of year, just ask the 1983 N.C. State team.
Another example is the UH football team this year. They had to win their last three games in the regular season to qualify for a bowl, and went on to beat UAB in the Hawaii Bowl. A lot of fans didn't think they could do it, but they did.

This basketball team has the potential to win the WAC Tourney. I will still keep the faith.

fulingyu
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by fulingyu »

by no means am i giving up on this team... i too think that this team could win the wac tourney.

no one team totally dominated the whole game against us.. on the road, or at home. just hope we don't have to play nevada in the tourney.. heh.

-Fu

IPatentllo7o1
All-American
All-American

Post by IPatentllo7o1 »

but sometimes i did wish we had one of those guys that can take over a game.. save, english, kuebler..... weve always had one of those guys and now we dont... and it shows.... all those close games we lost had we had one of those guys it woudlve been turned into a win... i think in time gibson and nash will evolve into one of those guys.. and well win the close games weve been losing...