kevin konrath will transfer

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
Waryor
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

kevin konrath will transfer

Post by Waryor »

according to tsai's blog:
Defensive end Kevin Konrath said he is requesting a release from his football scholarship. Konrath said he wishes to transfer, although he has not decided on a destination.
“It’s a lot of things,” said Konrath, who redshirted as a freshman last season. “I don’t want to finger-point things.”

Konrath, who was raised in Chicago, said he enjoyed his time at UH. He said he also wants to leave on a good note.
Konrath said he will take a summer-school class to ensure that he has at least a 2.6 cumulative grade-point average. That is the minimum GPA Konrath needs to exit without UH incurring an APR penalty.
“I want to leave the program in good standing,” Konrath said. “I want them to be able to use my scholarship.”

browndog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: kevin konrath will transfer

Post by browndog »

Good luck to him.
Where/what position was he projected to play with us anyways? DE? LB?

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

Good luck to him.
ImageImage

Kahaluu Imua Warriors
Starter
Starter

Post by Kahaluu Imua Warriors »

Sad, I think he's a great player, LB this year is loaded. If he can just wait it out a year, four good LBs are seniors, next year as a redshirt Soph. he would be in the top six playing rotation and he has a good chance to start as a Jr. and Sr., but I don't know about his other issues. Hope things work out for him. He could probably start at Utah St. tomorrow. Stay or go, good luck Kevin.
www.southseascinema.org

Warriors! Come out and play-i-ay!
Warriors! Come out and play-i-ay!
The Ha'a is heard, louder and louder.
Okole is kicked.
Now the enemy runs home to cry to their mother.

H20
MLB: Not a big fan of MLB.
NBA: Celtics
NFL: Falcons

Post by H20 »

Hopefully one of the reasons he doesn't want to say is that he came here wanting to play TE.

I wouldn't have wanted to see him play though, hopefully he lands somewhere he can.

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

Kevin Konrath is a rangy 6-3 linebacker who can run. I remember seeing Korey Reynolds and Konrath in one of their first practices two years ago lining up on a kickoff coverage team. Both of them had good size and could really run down the field. Too bad things didn't work out for Kevin, but he sounds like a very responsible young man who has a lot of aloha for the program and is going to summer school here to save a future scholarship for the program. Good luck Kevin.

darkjap
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by darkjap »

I either see this as us having a stacked linebacking core or a downfall of a program. It seems that players are dropping like flies now. :-?

Haynr8dr
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NBA: Boston Celtics
NFL: Oakland RAIDERS!

Post by Haynr8dr »

...He said he also wants to leave on a good note.
Konrath said he will take a summer-school class to ensure that he has at least a 2.6 cumulative grade-point average. That is the minimum GPA Konrath needs to exit without UH incurring an APR penalty.
“I want to leave the program in good standing,” Konrath said. “I want them to be able to use my scholarship.”
This is the only important part about this news. Let's hope the APR isn't impacted in any way.

SmugDude
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by SmugDude »

Personally, I'm not totally surprised at the players that are leaving as its something that should be expected when there's a coaching change. Plus its important to remember that many of these players were recruited while Jerry Glanville was the defensive coordinator and as a result may not be a good fit for MAC's schemes.

Also folks shouldn't under estimate the impacts that rising fuel prices are having on families as tickets home must be really high for kids who live east of the Rocky mountains. That said, I was definitely looking forward to seeing Korey Reynolds and Kevin Konrath play so its a bummer that both transferred.

H20
MLB: Not a big fan of MLB.
NBA: Celtics
NFL: Falcons

Post by H20 »

H20 wrote:Hopefully one of the reasons he doesn't want to say is that he came here wanting to play TE.

I wouldn't have wanted to see him play though, hopefully he lands somewhere he can.
I meant would have wanted to see him play. Not sure what I as thinking there.

warriorfan808

Post by warriorfan808 »

Good luck to him. Sounds like he's a classy guy and I hope the way he handles the transfer is looked favorably by whatever school he decides to transfer to.

Waryor
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Waryor »

someone on the other board said he might decide not to leave after all. don't know how credible the poster is though.